Well, it is done. I am really looking forward to using it. I have it loaded up now for the MS3 project and am waiting for lunch time to actually start.
I really like that I used a frame for the interior…. it means you get a really clear view of the pattern from both front and back.
The strap is also continuous, so you can adjust it to be just over one shoulder, or if you want, you can adjust it to fit diagonally across the body. I really like that flexibility.
I also put in what I’m calling a “Pattern holder”. See the interior view (with the Aran Golf cap pattern in there). I have had a problem in the past with patterns falling all over inside the knitting tote and then you have to pull it out of the way to get to what you need.
Another side-effect of using the plastic canvas for the interior/frame, is that you can attach D-rings around the sides and then attach things to the D-rings. The detachable bag in the last photo is attached to a D-ring with a crab hook. The scissors are on one of those retractable holders for ID tags (found at Office Depot).
So much fun! but glad its done… itching to get to the Mystery Stole and a new way of attaching beads (for me).
(P.S. The knitting pattern for the bag is for sale now at my website Fiber Rhythm Craft & Design’s shopping cart. Which btw has been very easy to add to and maintain so far, thanks Zen Cart!!)