I used Design-a-knit to create a border pattern:

The original version had the blue within the grey on rows 9 and 10. Because they are so close in value, I decided to use the navy instead. I also changed the background colors on rows 14 through 17 which should be more interesting.

I knit a swatch up through row 13 of the original version. I was very happy with rows 1 thorugh 8. When I finish the sample of the revised border, I will post another photo.

The plan is to use this at the bottom of body and sleeves just above the ribbing and in reverse at the top of the sleeve and the bottom of the upper-body pattern. (Lice stitch in between).